Wednesday, June 13, 2007

King Arthur's Seat



King Arthur's Seat is the crowning glory of Edinburgh, as far as geological formations go. It rises some 800 ft. above sea level, is bordered by the North Sea and the city. My dorm room looks out to it.

We had class until about 4:45 pm, and then sent our students off to visit this rock. We we along as well, and let me tell you, it is every bit as tall and steep as it looks, I have the sore legs to prove it!

The pic. above is the view before we start our ascent.



Here is a panoramic view from the top. This is the North Sea. Sorry about the repeats in the pictures, blogger is annoying and won't let me do much with them.





Here is the view from the top, looking southwest. My dorm is visible from here.



Here is me standing on top! I know I will be going one more time at least (with John), and I hope we have enough time to explore more of it!



Well, that is all for now. My internet access runs out at midnight, in 15 minutes, and I have some grading to do before I turn it!

Cheers!

No comments: