Friday, June 08, 2007

Farmer's Market Season is here!


Our local farmer's market opened today for the season. Unfortunately, I was not able to make it today...I am quite busy running errands before I leave for Europe. I hope to go to some local markets while I am there though!

Alanna at A Veggie Venture has offered up this sweet tomato icon for use in posts that feature fresh fruits and vegetables from local farmer's markets. I hope she doesn't mind if I use it for recipes that are made using produce grown in our own backyard, too (tonight's meal will include bok choy from the Lemons' Patch).


On tonight's menu:

Grilled Chili and Cumin Sweet Potato Wedges (ground chili pepper, cumin, garlic powder, kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, olive oil, and three sweet potatoes)
Sweet Ginger Tofu
Bok choy, Broccoli, and Mushroom stir-fry (made up recipe)

No comments: