Friday, August 18, 2006

Yummy Magical Mystery Dessert Place


My hubby often (sometimes a little too often for my waistline) brings me sweet treats from some establishment near his work. He won't give me any identifying details...I don't even know if it is a bakery or a gas station! So I call it the yummy magical mystery dessert place! I do know that whenever I see a small white box hanging around in the kitchen, I know I am in for a yummy treat. Sometimes my sweet-tooth overtakes my willpower, and my dessert becomes my dinner. SIGH! I have never had any dessert from there that I haven't like, although there are some that I like the best!

This week he brought me a chocolate mini-bundt cake with a fudge icing/glaze. Now, I had a bite, and thought it was fine as it, but then the lightbulb in my head went off, and I said "Wow! Wouldn't this be great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream?" So, out came the ice cream maker and the milk and sugar. I whipped up a quicky (but tasty) vanilla ice cream (well, it was more like ice milk b/c we didn't have any cream). I warmed the cake up in the microwave ( 1 min. on 20% power), plopped a scoop of ice cream on top, and then the vanilla ice cream looked a little lonely, so I covered it in Guittard Milk Chocolate Sauce. Yep, sinful!


Here is a pretty picture of a custard tart topped with fresh fruit that was really tasty.

No comments: