so I thought I would turn on the oven and roast some veggies!
I made veggie stuffed roasted poblanos for dinner during the week. While there were a couple of steps, the cooking was mostly hands-off, so it was fairly easy, and the results yummy!
Roasted Veggie Poblanos
recipe by ME!
2-3 green poblanos
3 small yellow squash (or zucchini) (cut in half lengthwise, or coarsely chopped)
3-4 fingerling potatoes (coarsely chopped)
1/2 - 3/4 cup pinto beans (already cooked)
1 cup fresh corn kernels
up to 1 cup onions (diced)
1-2 cups cooked brown rice
2 Tbsp. low fat cream cheese (at room temp)
cheese (this can be shredded cheddar, queso quesadilla, whatever you have on hand)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with Al foil. Coat a second roasting pan with either non-stick spray or mist with oil (either canola or olive).
2. Put whole poblanos in foil lined pan. Roast for about 20-30 mins., turning halfway during cooking. Cool long enough to handle without burning yourself!
3. Place potatoes, squash, corn, and onions in other pan. Lightly drizzle with oil (you just need a light coating, don't drown them!), and sprinkle with fajita seasoning. Stir well to coat. Roast for about 20-30 mins., turning halfway during cooking.
4. While veggies are roasting, mix rice and cream cheese in a med. bowl.
5. Add the roasted squash veggie mixture to the rice and cream cheese mixture.
6. When the poblanos have cooled enough to handle, gently peel the roasted skin off (go ahead and discard this, compost is acceptable if oil has not been involved in the roasting). Gently slice the poblanos in half, and remove seeds -- discard.
7. Put 1/2 cup (or more if it fits) of the veggie/rice/cream cheese mixture in each pepper. Wrap sides of pepper over mixture, sprinkle with cheese of choice.
8. Put back in oven and roast for about 10-15 mins.