Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dinner tonight

I managed to get home earlier tonight than usual, and with the beautiful weather we are having, was inspired to cook dinner that we could eat together.

I used Eating Well's recipe for Broccoli-Cheddar Chowder as a guide. I did not have a potato, but I had other veggies (zucchini, about 6 celery stalks, 2 carrots, onion, broccoli). I cooked the veggies in a wee bit of olive oil until some of the onions and carrots browned, then braised them with a cup of water (no stock available) to loosen up the browned bits. I then added the rest of the liquid (28 oz in all) and about 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, and simmered. I used regular Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese (hand shredded -- the best!), low-fat sour cream, and about 1/3 cup whole cream because I had some that needed using up. DELISH!

I also made mini-corn muffins to go with. Grabbing a Yazoo Brewmaster's Reserve on the way to watch Wipeout with dinner and hubby!

Mine mostly looks like this (from Eating Well's recipe page)!

1 comment:

Julie said...

yum!