Saturday, January 10, 2009

A little sunshine to chase away the rainy day blues

Not that I am really feeling blue. Actually I am hard at work on an article, but the rain pounding down outside is quite gloomy. I have just the prescription....CITRUS!

Basically I mix together the following:

1 6 oz. cup low-fat pineapple yogurt
1/2 peeled clementine (also works well with oranges, tangerines, whatever citrus you have on hand)
the juice from the other 1/2 of the citrus fruit
1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
favorite granola to soak up the citrus juice

Combine all in a bowl and enjoy!

This works just as well with other flavors of yogurt (we have a great tropical blend in the local grocery here), or vanilla and add canned pineapple.


No pictures -- I ate it too fast! Now hope that makes your day just a wee bit sunnier!

No comments: