Friday, November 03, 2006

Scottish nibbles


I am teaching a study abroad class in summer '07 in Scotland. I had an informational meeting yesterday for interested students, and I called it "Tea and Tartans." So, being the food lover that I am, I made different Scottish-inspired nibbles for the students and offered a selection of teas (not all Scottish, but all good!). The cookies are Martha recipes (Citrus and Cornmeal Shortbread and Dried Cranberry Shortbread Hearts) the Pumkin Bread is a recent Cooking Light recipe -- but I omitted the raisins and walnuts and replaced them with chopped dried apricots, apples, and prunes. SO YUMMY! I also had an assortment of english tea crackers, a (purchased -- horrrors!) cheese ball, apples, and peanuts.

Here is a picture of the leftover baked goodies. My hubby took some to work and said the Pumpkin Bread went really fast. I love praise!

No comments: